IT Systems Support Analyst
The purpose of this position is to implement and support client-side business solutions; to manage information system projects including upgrades and development projects; to provide reporting & support for the Human Resources, Circulation and Advertising system components, vendor interfaces, and end user support; and to provide functional specifications and technical leadership.
Responsibilities broken down by percentage spent:
· Provides advanced end user support; respond to software application problems; review issue logs to identify software application problem patterns; track performance of vendor in resolving issues within SLA’s; plans and implement installation, upgrades, and development projects (25%)
· Project manage new business initiatives (20%)
· Work with various Dow Jones IT groups in implementing technology, assuring compliance and policies are met, maintaining the stability of system interfaces and assuring that a high level of support is provided for. (15%)
· Identify technical constraints, prepare specifications and document design process. (10%)
· Manage and perform special projects; analyzes processes and related data to recommend automation improvements. (10%)
· Evaluates and recommends improvements to system software; serves as liaison between departments and software vendors for specific applications. (10%)
· Track industry trends in order to recommend and implement new products and delivery platforms to assist in leveraging products for competitive advantage (5%)
· Communicate company strategic needs, changes to systems and informational notices. (5%)
§ This position requires advanced knowledge of management information systems, database architectures, and application software.
§ Knowledge of billing software applications with direct experience is preferred.
§ Experience with identifying, testing and resolving application problems, and recommending improvements.
§ Experience with customer self-service and web-serving applications.
§ Oracle & Progress,
§ Knowledge ADP/Payroll, ADbase, DTI Cirulation systems.
§ Billing systems Billing/Payroll.
§ Three to five years newspaper business systems experience preferred
§ Bachelor’s degree in a related field is required, however years experience in the field may be considered in lieu of a degree.
§ Effective organizational, writing and communication skills required. Able to manage projects along with internal customers and vendors. Is equally effective with independent and team assignments.
At Dow Jones our Managers work to meet our equal opportunity and affirmative action objectives and our Employees help to foster a professional, welcoming and encouraging environment.