|Platts is the world's leading energy information provider. Our real-time news, pricing, analytical services and conferences help markets operate with transparency and efficiency. With more than 600 employees in 17 offices spanning five continents, you get the best of a small company and a Fortune 500 corporation at Platts.|
Platts is currently seeking a Director, Customer Facing Solutions Development. This position is responsible for managing the tactical aspects of the software development teams operating under the Customer Facing Solutions group within Platts IT department. The day-to-day management of the existing five teams, located in London, New York City, and Evergreen, Colorado from a technical perspective, ensuring staffing of teams for projects is appropriate, technologies utilized are approved, and general management of the technical aspects of project development.
The Director of Customer Facing Solutions Development will ensure that appropriate staffing levels are identified, the needs of the personnel are addressed, and personnel development is planned and review of personnel happen at the regularly scheduled intervals. The teams will be augmented by near-shore and off-shore resources, project managers, and other staffing as necessary to meet the assignment goals. Interaction with Segment and Corporate staff and in turn their extended staff will also fall under the purview of this position.
- Propose and deliver an acceptable technical solution to given business needs. Review and approve the design of applications, components, and common services based on standard development models, languages and tools, including unit testing, performance testing and monitoring, change management, and implementation
- Communicating system enhancement needs to the Senior Director and upper Management. Execute the development of new systems including enhancements to existing systems
- Provide consulting to business on system opportunities, risk assessment, technology relevance and alternate implementation strategies to meet business objectives.
- Responsible for overseeing and providing guidance for technical activities to onshore/offshore developers, database administrators and quality assurance team. Leads the development teams. Develops and maintains quality staff by identifying skilled personnel. Mentor a team of technical staff by providing clear technical directions and goals.
- Collaborates with the Senior Director to direct and execute the business strategy when implementing technical solutions. Properly communicate the solutions to business to ensure proper feedback and acceptance
- Coordinates Tier-2 support of the production application and address issues
- Defining and Maintain all Application development and Quality assurance environment. Ensure all project artifacts are cataloged and maintained
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or information management required. Master's degree in similar fields preferred.
- 10+ years of hands-on development and 5+ years of tech lead and/or application/solution architect experience
- Demonstrable experience in application development on PEGA Platform
- Demonstrable experience in J2EE programming environment and design principles
- Experience in Web Service development (REST & SOAP)
- Experience in data integration platform/tool such as ETL (Informatica preferred), Service Bus, and Messaging Broker
- Experience in database programming and schema design
- Experience in XML programming and tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with offshore & near shore development partners required
- Experience of Agile application development environment
- Experience and/or familiarity in .NET programming highly preferred
- Certificate in J2EE programming a plus
- Pega LSA certification a big plus
Regular full-time employees of The McGraw-Hill Companies routinely receive the following benefits:
About the Company
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, Flexible spending accounts with company contribution
- 401K with company matching, long-term and annual incentives, stock purchase program
- Many work/life benefits such as low-cost emergency child- and elder-care, parental leave for birth or adoption, flexible work arrangements, volunteer opportunities, employee assistance programs, tuition reimbursement, employee discounts, and much more
McGraw-Hill Financial is a leading provider of content and analytics to global financial markets. McGraw-Hill Financial's leading brands include Standard & Poor's Ratings Services, S&P Capital IQ, S&P Dow Jones Indices, J.D. Power and Associates and Platts, a leader in commodities information. In September of 2011, The McGraw-Hill Companies announced its intention to separate into two companies by the end of 2012: McGraw-Hill Financial and McGraw-Hill Education.
The McGraw-Hill Companies is an equal opportunity employer. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. For special accommodation due to disability, please email webmaster -at- mcgraw-hill.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate individual.