SmartCo, a growing data management software company with main headquarters in Europe, and North American headquarters in Boston, MA, is now seeking highly motivated Software Implementation consultants to join its Boston office.
SmartCo offers a new generation of data management solutions and technology for rapid application development, currently focused on the financial industry. The "SmartCo DataHub" software is a leading global data management solution for all types of data, including security market data, reference data, corporate actions, indexes and benchmarks, third parties, funds and mandates, account data, financial analysis and operational data for positions and transactions. Its innovative and scalable technology accelerates design and deployment of durable, upgradeable solutions, and allows financial institutions to model and centralize data to optimize quality, administrative workflow and governance.
SmartCo's Boston office is seeking Software Implementation Consultants with knowledge and interest in software technology and finance to help develop and increase its North American presence. Working out of the Boston office and traveling as needed, this regular, full-time role will be responsible for the implementation of SmartCo DataHub software for its North American financial clients.
Primarily, this role will use SmartCo product technical configuration expertise to provide software implementation guidance to our clients, but the dynamic nature of the role will also require occasional client support and presales activities.
The ideal candidate for this position will have 2-5 years of experience working as a financial software developer or in the financial industry with dual capabilities in software technology and finance.
This position is based in Boston, MA. There will be travel requirements within North America.
• Participate in SmartCo DataHub software implementations at some of the world's leading and most respected financial organizations
• Carry out SmartCo software customization, workflow definition and optimization using SmartCo's cutting edge technology platform
• Provide project management leadership under the responsibility of the Account Manager or Project Director when necessary
• Provide best practice guidance to clients by leveraging technical expertise, SmartCo software knowledge and industry experience
• Ensure coordination and responsive follow-up to client needs and requirements, interfacing with the appropriate SmartCo departments and colleagues as needed
• Communicate SmartCo's offerings to clients and identify new opportunities to grow client sales/services and better meet client needs
• Develop and conduct product training workshops for clients when necessary
• Participate in client support efforts
• Assist with presales initiatives as needed
• Provide project reports to SmartCo management and clients upon request
• Continuously keep up to date with SmartCo's functional and technical features and improvements
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related area is preferred
• 2-5 years experience as a software developer within the financial industry
• Knowledge of Java desirable
• Database (Oracle/Sybase/MS SQL) knowledge preferred
• Strong understanding of software implementation life cycle
• Hands-on experience in software implementation and support a plus
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to work independently and also driven to be a strong team contributor
• Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
• Must be detailed oriented and have the ability to multi-task
• Occasional to frequent travel is required
More information on SmartCo:
As a growing and dynamic company, SmartCo believes in long-term strategic relationships for the mutual benefit of the company, its employees and partners/clients. Salary commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits package.
For more information on SmartCo, visit http://www.smartco.com/