This individual should have extensive experience on the following technologies/toolsets:
• Object oriented technologies and design patterns
• Experience with distributed, enterprise-class applications
• Programming languages: C#
• Scalable, high-availability designs
• Experience with one or more distributed technologies - Web services, SOAP, or WCF
• Must have significant ASP.NET, MVC, and AJAX experience.
• JQuery and JSON experience strongly preferred
• Knowledge of SQL Server 2005/2008/2012, with good T-SQL programming skills
• Understands complex database concepts as well as the implications of different database designs
• Knowledge of source control tools like Team Foundation Server/Visual Source Safe
• Experience with SiteCore or similar CMS desired
Planning, Tracking & Estimation
• Works with the Development Manager to create estimates and plans for projects
• Can actively identify, manage, quantify and escalate risks to various internal and external stakeholders
• Partners with Project Manager and development teams to establish Scope Management Process
• Evaluates/provides LOE, complexity and risks associated in adding scope iterations
Adherence to Processes
• Is well versed in modern software development methodologies, processes, tools and technology standards and can effectively outline relevant parts needed for a project
• Works with the Project Managers and Team Leads to manage process compliance and monitor the quality of work
• Provides mentoring on best practices to teams
• Knowledge of development methodologies like - Agile, FDD, or MSF will be a plus
Other must-have Skills
o Experience supporting production applications
o Ability to understand, diagnose and resolve production issues with a quick turnaround time
o Experience troubleshooting distributed applications with web or Windows clients and WCF web services
o Knowledge of debugger tools like Fiddler, Charles, svcutil would be helpful.
• The Senior Developer/Team Lead will communicate and enforce coding standards, review the team's work, deliver informative, well-organized presentations, and communicates tactfully with peers and team members.
• As a team lead the Senior Developer will generate enthusiasm among team members, facilitate effective team interaction, acknowledge and appreciate each team member's contributions.
• Working with the architectural team the Senior Developer will create efficient and logical databases and design and code superior technical solutions.
• This individual must be strong on their verbal and written communication and have experience creating technical solutions approach documentation for larger projects.
• Code quality is a critical goal for our team. This role must be filled by someone committed to maintaining high code quality with low bug counts.
• BS or MS in Computer Science from a leading university or equivalent certifications and experience
Exciting Areas of Technology Underway or on our Horizon:
• Enterprise Service Bus
• Cloud Computing
• HTML 5
Will always default to send candidates to genworth.com for posting unless otherwise specified by Researcher/Recruiter