Macquarie Group (Macquarie) is a global provider of banking, financial, advisory, investment and funds management services. Macquarie's main business focus is making returns by providing a diversified range of services to clients. Founded in 1969, Macquarie employs more than 13,400 people in 28 countries.
At Macquarie we offer you the experience and freedom to grow your career whilst making your mark within a highly successful organisation. Key to our success is the entrepreneurialism we encourage in all our people. We give you the opportunity to progress your career as quickly as you can demonstrate your ability.
Macquarie's business is structured into six operating groups and four service groups. The Technology division within Macquarie's Corporate Operations Group is responsible for the management of Macquarie's technology infrastructure, the support and development of existing business systems and the delivery and deployment of new systems, technologies and services. It comprises business aligned teams which provide dedicated and specialist services to businesses as well as central teams which provide shared services, such as infrastructure, to multiple businesses.
The Technology Division has an opportunity for an On-Boarding Specialist to join the team in New York.
In this role, you will be responsible for the certification and implementation of FIX clients/vendors for various front office trading businesses, predominantly trading equities products with some futures exposure. You will work with a global team across Sydney, Hong Kong, London and New York on a distributed FIX platform across multiple regions.
You will be involved in operational support of Macquarie's Electronic Execution platforms covering global equities markets with a primary focus on North America. You will form strong relationships with the business and other technical stakeholders in order to provide solutions for business issues/projects. This will include the growing DMA/Algo business in North America as well as global markets.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Solid experience (3+ years) in a FIX connectivity role (cash/PT/DMA/Algo) - ideally on the sell side, including working on a day to day basis with the business as well as exposure to certification with buy side clients and vendors
- Strong understanding of the FIX protocol, as well as basic UNIX skills. Previous experience with Cameron FIX products would be advantageous
- Good knowledge of equities/futures business and the full trading life-cycle.
- Experience in operational support particularly in front/middle office, involving custom-built and vendor packages.
- Experience with release/change management tools and processes such as ITIL
- Excellent communication skills along with a strong passion for client service
- The ability to work effectively in local and globally distributed teams
- The ability to work well under pressure to provide timely and accurate solutions to systems problems
- A strong appreciation of key business drivers and an understanding of the IT impact upon the business
- Self-motivation and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in engineering, computer science or equivalent
Macquarie is an equal opportunity employer (M/F/D/V).
Jobs Like This Near New York City, NY
Articles Related to Macquarie
GO TO EMPLOYER WEBSITE
Click on the button below to go to the Macquarie website and apply for On-Boarding Specialist.