Macquarie Group (Macquarie) is a global provider of banking, financial, advisory, investment and funds management services. We focus on areas of business where our particular skills and expertise deliver a real advantage for clients, concentrating resources where we can add the most value. Macquarie has been active in the United States for over a decade. Today we have more than 2,400 professionals in offices in 18 US locations. This team is complemented by the resources of Macquarie's international network of 13,400 people in 28 countries.
At Macquarie we offer you the experience and freedom to grow your career whilst making your mark within a highly successful organization. Key to our success is the entrepreneurialism we encourage in all our people. We give you the opportunity to progress your career as quickly as you can demonstrate your ability.
Macquarie's business is structured into six operating groups and four service groups.
Corporate Operations Group (COG) provides specialist professional services, human resources, workplace infrastructure, and technology and market operations to Macquarie's businesses. The primary purpose of COG is to support and enhance the value of Macquarie through the creation of an efficient, scalable operating model. This is evident across the activities of each of the divisions.
Technology is responsible for the management of Macquarie's technology infrastructure, the support and development of existing business systems and the delivery and deployment of new systems, technologies and services. It comprises business aligned teams which provide dedicated and specialist services to businesses as well as central teams which provide shared services, such as infrastructure, to multiple businesses.
The Technology division has an opportunity for a Database Administrator to join the team in Houston.
You will be responsible for:
- Design, develop, implement, maintain and support the business-aligned database environment
- Lead database-design and data-modeling efforts when planning and implementing new systems and solutions
- Fine-tune and optimize poorly performing databases and queries (including any related infrastructure)
- Initiate, manage and implement database change activities
- Manage small-to-medium sized database-related projects
- Produce and maintaining documentation on our database technology, processes and environment
- Provide remote assistance to application teams based in other countries within the Macquarie Group
- Provide technical consultancy to business units and other IT teams
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Customer-focused with a 'service first' mentality and best-in-class communication skills
- A strong, dynamic character, capable of dealing effectively with colleagues and business users working in a constantly evolving environment
- Demonstrable willingness to learn and understand the MFG business and technology environment including usage and application of data
- Ability to work as part of a cross-functional team delivering solutions
- Be able to view current processes and procedures as opportunities for enhancement, tuning and improvement
- A quick-thinking problem solver, able to assimilate data rapidly in order to present solutions to incidents
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and when faced with adversity or urgent issues
The following characteristics are considered beneficial:
- Experience working with Microsoft BI Stack technologies (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS)
- Knowledge of .NET development, DB connection pooling, common data access components etc
- BI stack / .Net
Minimum experience required:
- Must demonstrate very good fundamental skills in Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008 and Sybase ASE v15
- Must show high-level theoretical knowledge and practical experience on configuration, setup and management of Microsoft SQL Server and Sybase databases/servers
- Must demonstrate data warehousing experience using Microsoft SSAS, SSIS and SSRS
- Must demonstrate a good understanding of MS SQL /Sybase Troubleshooting and Performance Management tools in order to provide 3 rd level support and resolution of problems
- Must demonstrate experience in Data Architecture, Database Design and Entity Relationship modeling to support business projects and requirements
- Must have experience of working in or with a development team
Macquarie is an equal opportunity employer (M/F/D/V).