When you join Dow Jones, you become part of one of the most dynamic, creative, and savvy news and information companies in the world. As a global leader in news and business intelligence, we're newswires, websites, newspapers, apps, newsletters, databases, magazines, radio, and television--including some of the widest read and most respected brands, like Factiva, The Wall Street Journal, Barron's, and SmartMoney. Our media informs the discussions and decisions that are vital to the world's commerce, while our databases make the business world more transparent. We continually develop technology to transform information into insight and insight into prosperity. From 58 countries and in 28 languages, we enlighten and inspire audiences with authoritative, differentiated, and trusted content.
As a member of an assigned regional Account Team the Technical Sales Support Executive (TSSE) bridges the technical gap between Sales and Product and offers a non sales perceived technical presence to key accounts.The primary objective of the TSSE is to maximize integration of "for free" non customized services driving active users & retention while working in conjunction with the Account Team to identify new revenue opportunities.The TSSE will primarily provide telephone and email based support to the Account Team and Key Accounts, and may travel locally to visit clients and prospects.
- Provide technical expertise during pre-sales activities, client prospect meetings assisting the move through the sales cycle
· Account Management
- Work closely with Account Development Executives providing technical input into all relevant customer relationship activities
- Cultivate and maintain a network of technical customer contacts to help champion Dow Jones within the account
- Work closely with Product to develop and maintain expertise across all solution offerings ensuring the latest and most appropriate capabilities are reviewed with Account Team
- Proactively work with key accounts on ensuring up to date product versions, introduction of new technologies, increased active users, increased integration points and utilization of "for free" services. Feed all relevant information back into Sales, Product, DJCS & Support organization for best ongoing CRM
- Develop and utilize customer dashboards for monitoring and increasing Active Users, Integration Points, Revenue, and User Login success.
- Assist Account Team on minimizing risk of customer cancellations through analysis of Customer health and by identifying ways to improve the perceived value of Dow Jones' products and services
- Provide guidance to Product for future technology adoption based upon customer feedback
- Develop user registration and authentication solutions that can be approved by the customer and supported by Dow Jones Customer Service team.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
· At least 5 years experience in a customer facing technical role
· Knowledge of technologies which impact Dow Jones solutions including I.T. Infrastructure, Authentication, Connectivity, Content Delivery, Web Services API, XML/HTML and Single Sign On solutions
· An understanding of EIP, CRM, ERP, Content Management, Database Publishing, Intranet & Business Intelligence
· Technical selling skills, including the ability to match product and service with customer needs, conduct technical presentations and provide technical input for customer proposals and RFP responses
· Experience as a team player who has defined I.T. solutions in a collaborative business environment with teams consisting of customers, sales staff and development groups.
· Ability to demonstrate/convey to the customer an understanding of their business and the industry in which they compete
· Ability to build positive working relationships with external and internal customers through understanding of the technical environment, assess needs and solve problems to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals
· Ability to quickly assimilate and apply new information relating to web technologies and information services
· High level of initiative and self-motivation
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
At Dow Jones our Managers work to meet our equal opportunity and affirmative action objectives and our Employees help to foster a professional, welcoming and encouraging environment.