Technical Business Systems Support Analyst
Dow Jones Company is seeking to hire a Technical Business Systems Support Analyst. We are looking for someone who wants to manage new business initiatives as they relate to our HR and billing systems.
· Communicate between technical and non-technical individuals the specifics when it comes to the systems applications.
· Provides advanced end user support. Respond to software application problems. Review issue logs to identify software application problem patterns.
· Track performance of vendor in resolving issues within SLA’s; plans and implement installation, upgrades, and development projects.
· Identify technical constraints, prepare specifications and document design process.
· Manage and perform special projects; analyzes processes and related data to recommend automation improvements.
· Work with various Dow Jones IT groups in implementing technology, assuring compliance and policies are met, maintaining the stability of system interfaces and assuring that a high level of support is provided for.
· Evaluates and recommends improvements to system software; serves as liaison between departments and software vendors for specific applications.
· Track industry trends in order to recommend and implement new products and delivery platforms to assist in leveraging products for competitive advantage
· Communicate company strategic needs, changes to systems and informational notices.
· Three to five years newspaper business systems experience preferred.
· 3-6 years experience working as a Business Analyst and/or technical support role within the IT function of a billing and HR payroll systems environment.
· Desired that this individual have experience with Oracle & Progress.
· Also desirable if they also have knowledge ADP/Payroll and DTI Circulation systems.
· A bachelor’s degree in a related field is required, however years’ experience in the field may be considered in lieu of a degree.
Dow Jones, Making Careers NewsWorthy
At Dow Jones our Managers work to meet our equal opportunity and affirmative action objectives and our Employees help to foster a professional, welcoming and encouraging environment.