Senior Network Architect
The Sr Network Architect is responsible for defining the architecture and engineering solutions in support of all Business Unit network services. This position requires strong capabilities to drive technical direction and leadership for multi-disciplined technical teams deploying and supporting network services, including but not limited to routers, switches, load balancers, firewalls, VoIP, proxy servers, remote access devices, DNS servers, FTP servers, NTP servers, SIP services, traditional PBX services, and authentication systems. Responsibilities include translating complex business requirements and aligning the appropriate solution to support business needs. Accountability includes architecture, planning, design, and verification activities, to create production-ready configurations for the Global Network via business focused projects. The position will provide technical leadership in developing methodology, process, and standards for measuring network and application related key performance indicators such as end to end application response time, latency and overall throughput. They are also accountable for the effectiveness, quality of service, performance tuning, and implementation success.
Major responsibilities include the following:
· Leads architecture reviews for all data and voice network projects.
· Define and develop technology and operational roadmaps, TCO and CoS models, and service catalogs supporting network technologies.
· Provides leadership in direction-setting for next generation converged services, direction in the definition and maintenance of network voice and data services standards.
· Establish the technology direction and standardization of network data and voice services.
· Ensures corporate standards are properly communicated to technology units, business partners and customer teams.
· Lead efforts to define network voice and data solutions and align strategies with business architecture/direction.
· Provides technical leadership for the development of support guidelines for end-to-end solutions for new technologies, the introduction of end-to-end network voice and data services solutions, utilizing new technologies including convergence of voice, data, and multimedia services.
· Develops and maintains relationships with key Line of Business leaders to align network engineering strategies, deployments and products and provide technology awareness and education
· Participate in lab testing with other teams to ensure that performance expectations are met after roll out.
· Participate in capital and operating budget planning and management.
· Provide escalation and support for troubleshooting and resolution of all data and voice issues as required by other infrastructure support teams.
· Extensive knowledge and experience with leading edge network services, technologies and best-in-class engineering practices.
· Strong knowledge of storage and cloud infrastructures; their integration with network architectures to produce full solutions.
· Extensive experience with network design and implementation.
· In depth knowledge of TCP/IP networking; data communications, network infrastructure and operating systems, DNS network/internet protocols (SMTP, HTTP, SNMP, Windows Domain services).
· In depth knowledge of LAN/WAN architectures (such as high speed optical, Frame Relay, MPLS, VPN, Internet) and protocols (such as BGP, RIP, OSPF, HSRP) and technologies.
· Extensive experience with switches and routers, including switch and load balancer design, configuration, administration, troubleshooting and support.
· In depth knowledge of network operating systems and trouble-shooting techniques and related diagnostic hardware and software tools (i.e. probes, sniffers, performance tools).
· Experience defining business continuity plans.
· Experience working with international vendors, telecommunications, customers and networking a plus.
Effective decision-making skills. Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills. Effective verbal and written communication skills. High level of initiative and self-motivation. Ability to work independently and effective at building partnerships to facilitate the accomplishment of goals. Strong organizational/time-management skills. Effective at planning and leading meetings to accomplish stated goals and objectives.
Web Applications aligned with Industry Products and Services, Switches, Routers, Load balancers, Juniper/NetScreen Firewalls, Palo Alto Firewalls, SSL/VPN Appliances, Netscaler Load balancers, BlueCoat Proxy Appliances, HP and IBM Blade Centers, and Cisco UCS technology.
Externally: Technology partners Cisco, Citrix, HP, IBM, Juniper, Palo Alto, AT&T, BT-Radianz, and Sprint.
BSEE, BS Information Technology, or 10 years working in the area of network architecture and engineering including experience with network technology domains, products, and services
At Dow Jones our Managers work to meet our equal opportunity and affirmative action objectives and our Employees help to foster a professional, welcoming and encouraging environment. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V TECHNICAL CONSULTANT, SENIOR