|At the Transportation Security Administration, you will serve in a high-stakes environment to safeguard the American way of life. In cities across the country, you would secure airports, seaports, railroads, highways, and/or public transit systems, thus protecting America's transportation infrastructure and ensuring freedom of movement for people and commerce. |
The incumbent serves as the Division Director for Checkpoint Technologies Division and reports to the Office of Security Capabilities (OSC) Assistant Administrator (AA). The incumbent is responsible for leading, administering, and coordinating the understanding of and compliance with Federal laws, regulations, and legislation such as the Aviation and Transportation Security Act with respect to selecting, acquiring, systems and technology that screen passengers, accessible property, checked baggage, and cargo for unauthorized explosives, incendiaries, weapons, and other prohibited items onboard aircraft and in other modes of transportation (for example: rail, highways, and waterways) and leading the identification of state-of-the-art security technology solutions. The incumbent serves as a liaison to TSA's Offices of Security Operations (OSO), the Office of Global Strategies (OGS), the Office of Information Technology (OIT), the Office of Law Enforcement (OLE), and the Office of Security Policy and Industry Engagement (OSPIE) on OSC passenger screening capabilities and procedural matters. Typical duties include:
Make a world of difference to the traveling public and protect our nation's transportation infrastructure. Join our team and help TSA secure freedom of movement. You'll receive competitive compensation and all Federal benefits, including a variety of health insurance options, retirement plan, flexible work schedules and more.
- Lead the overall coordination, management of assigned OSC passenger screening programs and projects within cost, schedule, and performance baseline parameters while ensuring OSC mission goals and objectives are attained.
- Manage OSC portfolio of passenger screening programs, including allocating resources, resolving conflicts, and implementing steps to integrate the programs as appropriate.
- Translate OSC strategic goals and performance plans into program and project strategies and objectives and plan, organize, direct, track, and guide program operations.
- Review and approve acquisition/program baselines and deployment program/project plans and monitor their implementation.
- Perform analyses of key operational functions to determine best practices and set priorities and effectively manage program risks.
- Oversee critical program operations associated with Passenger Screening Program and other critical and complex initiatives.
- Develop coordinated passenger screening capabilities strategies and performance metrics for OSC programs.
- Represent OSC and liaison with stakeholders within and outside of DHS and TSA.
Learn more about this position and apply online today at https://tsajobs.tsa.dhs.gov, referencing Vacancy Announcement HQ-OSC-TA62-12-555287, or call 1.877.872.7990.