When you join Dow Jones, you become part of one of the most dynamic, creative and savvy news and information companies in the world. As a global leader in news and business intelligence, we're newswires, websites, newspapers, apps, newsletters, databases, magazines, radio and television--including some of the widest-read and most-respected brands, like Factiva, The Wall Street Journal, Barron's and SmartMoney. Our media inform the discussions and decisions that are vital to the world's commerce, while our databases make the business world more transparent. We continually develop technology to transform information into insight and insight into prosperity. From 58 countries and in a dozen languages, we enlighten and inspire audiences with authoritative, differentiated and trusted content
This position entails working as part of a team responsible for developing and maintaining the identity management system that is a part of our overall eCommerce platform. This platform provides commerce services to support our digital products technology organization.
While working under minimal supervision you will design, develop and maintain our SOAP-based web service interfaces that deals with identity management and user profile with replicated fedora-ds LDAP and Oracle10g as the data stores. You will have the same responsibilities for other Java components that implement internal processes or consume other external services. In addition, you will also maintain and administer the LDAP servers in different environments including production. Your innovation and creative skills will be challenged through working with our Technical Leads to create high level designs and then creating the detail design and code that ultimately provide the solution. Other day to day functions include debugging, troubleshooting and integration and QA support. You will also be part of a monthly production support rotation.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related
- Strong professional interpersonal communication skills.
- 8 solid years experience with Java
- 5 solid years experience with J2EE-based web application/service implementations
- jndi-LDAP integration experience
- Spring application context framework
- iBatis or similar ORM package
- SOAP-based web services
- XML, XSD, JAXB, SQL, SQL tuning
- Log4j, SVN
- Oracle database
- Experience with AOP
- Experience working in a Linux deployment environment.
- JMS (producer and consumer)
- Experience working with JBoss Application Server
- Experience writing BASH scripts; KSH a plus.
- Experience with Restful service.
- Experience with ehcache
- Experience using easymock
- Experience with identity management and authentication-authorization systems a plus
- Encryption, public-key, private-key, hashing, SSL knowledge
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
At Dow Jones our Managers work to meet our equal opportunity and affirmative action objectives and our Employees help to foster a professional, welcoming and encouraging environment.