When you join Dow Jones, you become part of one of the most dynamic, creative and savvy news and information companies in the world. As a global leader in news and business intelligence, we're newswires, websites, newspapers, apps, newsletters, databases, magazines, radio and television--including some of the widest-read and most-respected brands, like Factiva, The Wall Street Journal, Barron's and SmartMoney. Our media inform the discussions and decisions that are vital to the world's commerce, while our databases make the business world more transparent. We continually develop technology to transform information into insight and insight into prosperity. From 58 countries and in a dozen languages, we enlighten and inspire audiences with authoritative, differentiated and trusted content.
· Formal Education: BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
· 3 yrs experience in software development technologies, design patterns, application development and full-life cycles.
· Experience in Object Oriented Design and implementations.
· Experience developing applications in Unix, Windows, Linux or Mac
· Conversant with different types of programming languages: C, C , Java, C-Sharp, Visual Basic, etc.
· Solid knowledge of relational database design, data manipulation and querying.
· Experience and knowledge of web technologies ( HTML, CSS, Webkit, etc. ) and web servers ( Apache, Web Sphere, IIS, etc)
· Experience with mobile platforms and devices ( iOS, Android, Symbian, Windows Mobile, etc).
· Experience with design and implementation of complex business applications.
· Solid to advanced Java development skills.
· Solid database design and data manipulation on relational databases ( i.e. Oracle, DB2, MSSQL, MySQL, SQLite or similar).
· Experience with Integrated environments (Eclipse, Net Beans IDE, MS Visual Studio or equivalent).
· Experience with source control environments (Subversion, Git, CVS, SourceSafe, etc).
· Experience working in a team environment for medium to large commercial projects.
· Able to work in a rapid and agile development environment with frequent deliveries and minimum supervision.
· Android 2.3 or higher.
· Full experience developing application for multiple resolution devices and different versions of the SDK.
· Able to develop polished user interfaces, with attention to details and following detailed specifications.
· Familiar with remote data access, web services, RSS feeds, XML parsing, JSON objects.
· Familiar with analytic systems applied to mobile applications.
· Familiar with mobile advertising SDK’s such as AdMob, Admarvel or similar.
· Experience with data providers, services, receivers and multi-threaded applications.
· Capable of learning and applying new technologies as they emerge.
· Capable of working extended hours in order to meet deadlines
Dow Jones: Making Careers Newsworthy
At Dow Jones our Managers work to meet our equal opportunity and affirmative action objectives and our Employees help to foster a professional, welcoming and encouraging environment.