The Senior Oracle Database Developer will be a member of a team that is responsible for development of a large, multi-tier web application based on J2EE framework, Oracle Database, and Ruby on Rails. The candidate will be responsible for performing hands on design and implementation of components for manipulating database content using PL-SQL and other scripting techniques. Other tasks expected of this role are: generation of database design documents, schema diagrams, investigation of production items, development/execution of unit tests. The candidate will operate in a large, cross-functional team environment, interacting with various stakeholder groups.
* 6 -10 years of Information Technology experience in Relational Databases
* Advance working knowledge of SQL and PL/SQL
* Advance working knowledge of Oracle database development tools – Toad or SQLdeveloper preferred.
* Working knowledge of Java and Web technology and development tools.
* Working knowledge of Data Modeling.
* Advance knowledge of XML, Comma Separated Values (CSV) file format, spreadsheets, and other data exchange languages.
* Advance working knowledge of report generation tools and techniques.
* Knowledge of full life cycle application development including development methodologies.
* Comprehensive written and verbal communication, interpersonal, facilitation, presentation, quantitative, analytical, organizational, and follow-up skills.
* Ability to communicate with multiple projects and interact with stakeholder teams.
* Ability to converse effectively with all levels of team structure.
* Superior troubleshooting skills
* Bachelors degree in Computer Science (CS), Computer Information Systems (CIS), Management Information Systems (MIS) and/or equivalent technical degree
* Advance working knowledge of ETL techniques and ETL tools.
* Working knowledge of SOA methods.
* Knowledge of Enterprise Data Warehouse products and methodologies
* Knowledge of publishing or media industry.
* Experience with scripting languages.
* High level expertise in Database Administration
* Master*s degree in Computer Science (CS), Computer Information Systems (CIS), Management Information Systems (MIS).